Adding a Bio-Center
Detailed Instructions explaining how to make your very own bio-center folder
- Log In and click "my folder" in the personal bar. If you already have access to the "bio-center" section, go there.
- In the editing toolbar, Click "add item>folder"
- Enter the Title and Description and then click the save button. Make these meaningful.
- Browse to your new Bio-Center folder by clicking on it
- Repeat step 2, but instead of adding a folder add a page. Make sure this page is inside your Bio-Center folder.
- This new page will be the front page of your Bio-Center. Make sure you edit it accordingly. If you wish to use a more advanced editor, read steps 1-3 in the adding a video tutorial.
- Once you have edited and saved your page, browse back up to your Bio-Center folder.
- In the editing toolbar, Click "Display>select content item as default view" Choose the page you created earlier.
This is the basic structure of a Bio-Center folder. Inside your Bio-Center you may add folders with more content in them. You may then place links on your home page that point to the content inside the subfolders.
Please direct any questions to the forums so that others can read, answer, or learn from your questions.
Customized Functionality (advanced)
We can provide you with free subdomain redirecting, logo modifications, column size modification, page layout modification, possibly theme modifications, and more upon request (No guarantees though!)
- Custom logo on top instead of ours
- Something like yourname.biocookies.com will take you directly to the folder
- Insertion of Iframes or other advanced content
- Seperate room for your folder in the chat room, password optional
- Permission to grant access to certain users, full control over your folder
Post on the forums to learn more.