Adding a video
See how to add videos using embed code.
Adding a video can be as simple as copy and paste. Just follow these instructions.
- Log in and click Preferences in the personal bar.
- Click on Personal Preferences
- Scroll down to the field marked Content Editor and Select FCKeditor from the list. FCKeditor is the most versitle editor available on BioCookies; keep in mind that your default editor is Kupu.
- Now create a page in your folder or somewhwere else. To do this click add to folder or add item, then click page.
- If you are not editing already, click the edit tab at the top of the page (you must be logged in).
- Now visit your favorite video sharing site. Look for the EMBED code that many sites display.
- Copy it (highlight it, right click, and select copy)
Now head back to your page. Assuming that you are in edit mode and are using FCKeditor, click on the button that reads Source. It will show a white text field in which HTML/EMBED code belongs.
- Paste the EMBED code from the video sharing site into the editor (in source mode). If you have other objects, such as text and images on your page already, there will be other code already in the editor when it is in Source mode. Look at the code (which is very simple) and pase your embed code before or after it to make it appear above or below the text, image, other video, etc... You probably will not be able to see your video when editing in visual mode, so you need to use source.
- Save and publish. If all is well, your video or videos will be up and running. You can add more than one video on a page, though it is not very neat and may cause slower page loads.
Note: You only need to go throgh steps 1-3 once. These steps are only for setting yor preferences.
Contact the site administrator for placement of stand-alone HTML pages.